Vire 2010 - Saturday 8th May 2010
Sunday Morning 9th May.
Weather conditions are forecast to improve and we are hopefully going to be able to liberate. This message will be updated at 0915hrs.
Good news the birds for the Vire National have been liberated at 0835hrs in clear blue sky's and a light Southerly wind turning North Easterly on route. Please do not forget to verify your pigeon within 60 minutes, after verifying you will be given a 4 digit number which should be recorded on the top right hand corner of your verification paper. I will update this line with the provisional early times. Good luck.
0908 UK time
Steve Appleby's Weather for Pigeon Fanciers
UPDATED SUNDAY 9th MAY AT 09:00 HOURS.
A mostly dry day today as any rain has petered out over night. The main problem we have is the cloud cover affecting the southeast, southern Midlands and channel. The Met Office forecast is for conditions to improve as the morning progresses. The cloud over some regions is quite heavy enough to produce the occaisional shower but sunny intervals should develop. Bearing this in mind it could take some time for the cloud to break up. As we are aware a liberation sky is essential for a good start to the race, so some organisations will wait until they are happy to liberate. Oviously the longer you wait the better the conditions become.
Over In Northern France the weather conditions are better as broken cloud and sunshine is the general picture. Again a fair amount of cloud is evident over the channel. Winds will come from the northeast but are forecast to be lighter over land. Over the open sea winds will be stronger reaching force 4 or at times force 5. Although generally conditions are not ideal especially the pigeons facing a north east wind over the open sea, racing will be possible.
Weather : Rather cloudy at first. Some sunny periods developing.
Max : 15 °C
Visibility : Good.
Wind : Northeast moderate force 4, increasing at times to fresh force 5.
Racepoint VIRE PLACE DU MARCHE
Co-ordinates: 48°50'54,00/00°53°27,00 West
Liberation Saturday 8th May held over due to poor weather.
Sunday 9th May liberated at 0835
The content (content being images, text, sound and video files, programmes and scripts) of this website is copyright of The British Barcelona Club. All rights expressly reserved.